Yue Fei Temple
This temple, commonly known the Yuewang Temple, was built to honor Yue Fei, a general of the Southern Song Dynasty (1127–1279) who fought against the neighboring Jurchen Jin during the Jin–Song wars. It was built during the Song Dynasty, in 1221, in the northwestern corner of the West Lake of Hangzhou, at the foot of Qixia Hill.
It includes Yue Fei Temple, Loyalty Temple and the Yue Fei Mausoleum, and was added to the list of key national cultural sites by the State Council, In 1961.
General Yue's tomb is in the center of the mausoleum, with the tomb of his son, Yue Yun, who had assisted him on the battlefields. to the left. The two sides of the enclosure contain stone horses, tigers, and sheep from the Ming Dynasty (1386 - 1644). The tomb was destroyed several times and was rebuilt with features of the Song Dynasty. Facing the tomb are four iron sculptures, one of Qin Kuai, a chief plotter, in kneeling position.
Hours: 6:00 am-7:30 pm
Getting there: Bus lines 4, 7, 27, 51, 52 or 118, get off at Yuemiao Station.
25 yuan for adults and children above 1.5 meters in height;
12.5 yuan for children between 1.2 and 1.5 meters; free for children below 1.2 meters
Yue Fei (1103–1142) was born in Tangyin, Xiangzhou (present-day Henan province) and became a general known for his contribution to the war against invaders from the Jin during the Southern Song Dynasty. In the 10th year of the Shaoxing reign (1140), Yue Fei and his troops marched to the central China plain and reclaimed most of the lost territories, including Zhengzhou and Luoyang, and won battles against the Jin army. At a critical point, he was forced to return by Emperor Zhao Gaozong and Prime Minister Qin Kuai and was put in prison on false charges of conspiring against the emperor and was sentenced to death.